Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Brrrrrrrrr . . .a Very Cold Gathering at the Hingham Bathing Beach

 

My alarm clock went off at 7:15 yesterday morning. Why so early? (8:30 is more to my liking :-) I was heading to the parking lot at the Hingham Bathing Beach to meet some friends for another socially distant, outside get together. According to my car' s indicator, it was only 58 degrees.  When I arrived,  there was only this gull on lifeguard duty. . . no sign of my friends. I was confident that I had the date and time correct, and so while waiting for the others to arrive, I naturally pulled out my iPhone and began wandering around taking photos.

 
A study in grey . . . 

 Soon the others arrived and chairs in hand, we headed to the gazebo which we erroneously thought would offer some shelter from the cold wind. Boy was it c-o-l-d!!! Undeterred, we enjoyed some doughnuts and mini muffins. There were eight hardy, bundled up, masked, retired teachers at this gathering.  The excuse/reason for the get together was to celebrate one friend's birthday.
 

We were not the only group gathered at the beach. As you can see, the members of this group were also following Covid -19 guidelines and practicing social distancing. I will note that none appeared to be wearing masks, nor were they munching on mini muffins and doughnuts. :-)

 
After about an hour and a half, it began to rain so at that point we called it quits.  Let's hope none of these ladies has a November, December, January, or February birthday . . . I don't envision us sitting on some snowbank then for a socially distant get together. :-)

What is this board for? It's a tease. You will see what I bought it for in my next post.
 


Stay safe, calm, and strong. Get your mammogram. Have faith that we will get through these dark, terrible days.

VOTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment