Monday, October 26, 2020

Autumn Afternoon Ramble - Part Two

Sudbury is only eighteen miles from Lincoln, so after visiting Ponyhenge last Monday afternoon I headed on to Sudbury. This is the Martha Mary Chapel on the grounds of the Longfellow Wayside Inn.  This area is a popular spot for photographers. I would love to come back in the winter to shoot this tree without its leaves as its structure was so interesting.



 

I'm thinking that either of these photos of the grist mill would be a fine subject for a quilted wallhanging. I'll add it to my list of possible things to do.. :-) Be sure to click on any of these images for a larger view. The grist mill would be another scene that I would surely like to photograph after a snowfall.


                                                          
 Covid-19 Update

As of today, October 26,2020, Covid-19 numbers are rising at a terrifying rate around the world.

World . . . 43.4M cases . . . 1.16M deaths

US  . . .   8,690, 000 cases  . . .    225,000 deaths

Massachusetts  . . . 151,000 cases   .. . 9,864

In eight days our national election will determine the direction this country will take for the next four years. The number of people who have already voted either in person or through mail-in ballots is record breaking. Some people have stood in line for six, seven, or eight hours to cast their votes. Regardless of which side you are on, VOTE, your country's future depends on it.

2 comments:

  1. Janice, I too would like to see that church photographed when the tree had no leaves! The fourth photo of the tree branch over the water is so beautiful. I love the way you captured the light. What a beautiful area you get to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky to live where I do as there a so many pretty areas in my state that are just a short drive away.
      I really like the stream shot; it would be a good background for a poster with an inspiring quote.
      Going out occasionally to take photos is helping me cope with the pandemic. Hopefully, my readers enjoy seeing these images.

      Delete