Sunday, October 11, 2020

Not One, Not Two, But Three Halloween Cross Stitch FFOs!!!

 Happy Fall, Y'all!!! If you recall from previous posts, cross stitchers have their own lingo. [WIPs = Works in Progress, FOs = Finished Objects (pieces of completed stitching), and FFOs= Fully Finished Objects (pieces of stitching that have been framed or made into an ornament or pillow, etc . . . ] Well, today, I am sharing THREE Halloween Cross Stitch FFOs!!!!

The first is a Mill Hill cross stitched beaded ornament. Isn't it cute!!! The little tree looks somewhat empty with just one, so I have already ordered two more of these kits for next year. :-)

 Next up is "Holiday Hoopla," a pattern by Brenda Gervais. I used a deep blue/purplish 14 count Aida fabric. I used a pale green floss for her face and hands. Brenda Gervais designs the cutest witches. 

I am not really a Halloween person. You will never see me stitch skeletons, zombies, graveyards, gory or creepy things, only "Happy" Halloween things. I used white etoile floss to make a silvery moon.


 

 And now, Tah Dah!!! Yes, I finished these colorful witches hats. The pattern is called "Halloween Hocus Pocus" by Ursula Michael.  It definitely broke my first rule of cross stitchng. . .  "Only work on small cross stitch pieces," but I love how it turned out. :-) The bluish/purplish fabric was a Moda blendable from my stash. I had pulled it out long before the piece was finished knowing that it would work well with the colors in the piece.

Lots and lots of backstitching . . . 


I added my initials and a 2020 charm in the lower right corner.

 Though my heart isn't really into decorating this year, I did put up a few of my quilted Halloween wall hangings including this one which is my favorite. It is Sue Pritt's "Witchy Ladies." I just love all of her designs. If you would like to see some close ups of this piece, please click HERE.

 Have I mentioned enough times how addictive cross stitching is? Well, I also enjoy wool applique, and I am about two weeks behind on the Sue Spargo - “Squash Squad” project. I've only completed the first block, and block four starts tomorrow! Yikes!!! I'm going to try to play catch up on that project this week. Fingers crossed . . . 

A comment was left on the last post inquiring whether the new library was larger that the one it replaced. Well, yes and no. . . the former library was torn down and the new library was constructed on that footprint, but the way it is designed it definitely seems to me to be much bigger. Many sections of the library are closed due to Covid-19, but eventually, patrons will have access on the top floor to a local history center, a digital media lab, a quiet reading room, teen rooms, a digital media production conference room. On the first floor there is a small meeting room (seating 54), a conference room (seating 12), and a large multipurpose room which will seat 175 for community events. There will also be a cafe and a bookstore. As I mentioned the last time, the children's room is very large and inviting. One of the most amazing aspects of the construction was that due to covid, work on the building was halted for a period; in spite of that, the library opened pretty much on schedule. I had attended a few of the library construction meetings and came way impressed by the architectural firm,  the construction firm, and the project manager.

One last thing . . . Have you seen the new music video "Show Them the Way" by Stevie Nicks? The Fleetwood Mac frontwoman said that this piece started out as a poem, but it became a prayer for our country. It brought me to tears when I watched it this morning. 

Please God, show all of our leaders from both sides of the aisle the way to save our country. Please God, show all of us the way .

1 comment:

  1. It is exciting to have your library operating again. It sounds amazing! All of your Halloween finishes are wonderful. I love those hats!

    ReplyDelete