Wednesday, October 21, 2020

It's Fall, Y'all!!!

 

Emma and I pass this charming couple on our walk each morning. They put a smile on my face.

The color is spotty in my area, but the other day while out doing errands, I spotted glowing color in the Village Cemetery. Of course, I turned the car around and stopped to take a few photos.

 
Here is my latest cross stitch FFO, a scarecrow design by Priscilla of The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch. If interested, you may find this pattern/chart in their Etsy shop of the same name. I mounted it on sticky board and layered it on a piece of homespun fabric. I glued a magnet on the back and attached it to this vintage grater. (I love watching Flosstube videos to get ideas for how to display pieces.) The finishing touch was adding a few floral picks.



I did complete block four of the Sue Spargo "Squash Squad" project. Her color sense is lovely. If you do not do cross stitching or wool applique, you might not image just how l-o-n-g it takes to do even small pieces such as these, but that's okay because I truly enjoy it. I still need to go back and work on blocks two and three along with this week's block.

 I attended another outdoor, socially distant, social gathering to celebrate a friend's birthday this morning. It was not as cold and rainy as it was the last time when we gathered. Though the temperature was warmer, there was a steady mist and brief periods of drizzle. Have no fear, we are a hardy bunch and were prepared for the weather. The soft mist would have been a marvelous facial, but of course, we all wore masks. :-0 

On Monday afternoon, I grabbed my camera and went in search of autumn color. I visited two favorite spots and will show you those images in my next posts.

1 comment: