Monday, December 9, 2019

CHER in Concert - Here We Go Again Tour

Did you guess which special event I would be attending based on the hint given in my previous post??? Last April, I read about Cher's "Here We Go Again Tour" coming to Boston. I then casually mentioned it at a luncheon of some retired teacher friends and remarked that I would really, really  like to see Cher once in concert. Well, my friend Linda responded without hesitation that she would like to go to this concert as well. So that is how she and I found ourselves at the new Boston Garden last night along with about 12,000 to 13,000 of our fellow concert goers. It was quite a night!!!


The opening act was Chic,  a funk, rock, dance-pop, disco band which definitely got the crowd on its feet. It may not exactly have been my cup of tea, but the musicians and singers were all excellent. They played for forty-five minutes and then after the intermission Cher made her entrance. Her part of the concert was a full hour and forty minutes. She looked incredible and sounded even better .  . .



Her performance highlighted various aspects of her long career. She made at least a dozen quick costume and wig changes to fit each segment. Accompanying her were an enthusiastic dancing troupe, videos, and extraordinary lighting effects. It was a true spectacle of splendor and sequins!



Her final number was "If I Could Turn Back Time." Time has been kind to this talented seventy-three year old, and she joked about her next final retirement tour. If there is one, you might just find me there again.
 

I have not gone to a concert of this magnitude before, but it will be a memory that I will always CHER-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment