Sunday, December 22, 2019

Lobster Trap Christmas Tree - Cohasset Harbor



It has been pedal to the metal, sewing machine pedal that is, for the last week as I try to finish up a few gifts. Two are ninety-five percent done with just a bit of hand stitching to finish, and one I am starting after posting this. (No rush . . . I still have two days.) I cannot wait to see the reaction of the recipients when they open their gifts. :-)

Friday after a late appointment, I took a drive down to Cohasset Harbor to see the lobster traps Christmas tree. According to an article in The Patriot Ledger, this is the seventh year in a row that the lobstermen have constructed a Christmas tree out of lobster traps and buoys. It is located on the patio of the Olde Salt House at 44 Border Street.


The tree is "more than 30 feet tall and built with more than 300 lobster traps, a 5-foot nativity star, and decorated with more than 2,000 white lights and lobster-buoy ornaments. Cohasset lobsterman, Ricky Barrow and his team, loan the traps and construct the tree." 

Could this new coastal New England tradition be any more wonderful!!!


Last night after a family gathering, I stopped on the way home to photograph this magical display in Braintree. To visit it in person, get off at the Union Street exit. It's across the street from the Braintree Armory and almost diagonally across from the entrance to the Braintree Police Station.




One more thing . . . I saw this on another blog . . .


Now it's time to get back to work as I still have some baking to do.

If I don't post again for a few days, let me wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. Whatever your faith traditions or beliefs, may you find peace, joy, and comfort in the days ahead.

1 comment:

  1. That tree is amazing! Happy Holiday, wishing you joy and peace.

    ReplyDelete