Tuesday, December 3, 2019

But, It's Not Even Winter Yet . . .



 Parts of the western area of our state and points north got quite a bit of snow yesterday, but we only received about three inches. By the end of the day, it had basically disappeared, but overnight the second half of the storm brought us our share of snow. This morning it was like waking up inside a snowglobe. By the time the snow stopped in mid afternoon, we had received about six inches. The top layer was light and fluffy, but it was wet and heavy underneath. You won't hear me complain thought as some areas received twenty-five inches over the course of the two-day storm. Yikes! The first day of winter is not until December 21st.

I think I had been in denial as I hadn't put my pink plastic adirondack chairs under the porch. The mighty oak at the end of my driveway still hadn't dropped many of its leaves, but most did come down with this snow. Hopefully, we will get a warm spell next week so I can tackle raking them up.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day as I did with my cousins. Did you know that according to an article from The Atlantic Journal-Constitution which was published in The Patriot Ledger, the U.S. Poultry and Egg Association estimated that 46 million turkeys would be consumed on Thanksgiving. The article also suggested that we would eat about 89 million pounds of cranberries in various forms, 214 million pounds of potatoes, 50 million pounds of sweet potatoes, and . . . 18.9 million pies.  :-)

On the quilting front, there has not been much accomplished. I'm trying to finish projects before beginning any new ones. (I know what you are thinking . . . good luck with that idea. Though it sounds like a practical plan, it probably won't work in my case. ) In my next post, however,  I may be able to show you a completed piece of wool applique that is presently about ninety-five percent done.

Tonight our reward for all that shoveling . . .  the colors were spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment