Friday, December 6, 2019

A Very Fine Mini Adventure

This morning my friends Edith, Laurel, and I headed to the Open House at The Quilted Crow in Bolton, MA. The parking area was packed with eager fabric shoppers which must have caused major consternation for the other businesses in this mini shopping area. The Open House continues tomorrow, Saturday, and on their website you will find a coupon for twenty-five percent off one item. The shop was mobbed with happy quilters and wool applique lovers. This store features a lovely wool section and believe me that small area was packed with customers. :-) I was among my people!  I found a piece of green wool to complete my current project, and another wool applique kit happened to come home with me. I have other things to work on before tackling this fun new project, but I used my coupon on this purchase and will tuck this kit away for awhile. I also purchased a Christmas tree wallhanging pattern which I may start this weekend.

Wasn't it only a day or two ago that I remarked that I wouldn't think of starting any new projects??? I am incorrigible. In my defense, both (yes, I'm thinking of starting not one but two) new projects are holiday related. One is the Christmas tree pattern that I bought today. I don't think it will take long to make that one. The other project . . . well . . . I may be nuts to start this one. It will be fused, raw edge applique, but there are about a zillion pieces!!! Here are the four pages of applique from the pattern, and some pieces must be prepped multiple times. Do you have any ideas what it might be???



Now, I may not finish both projects this month, but that's okay as I want this to be a no-stress Christmas. 

In 2015, I began this Christmas Tree pin wallhanging. In the beginning, there were only seven tree pins. Over the course of the last few years, I have been gifted colorful tree pins from friends and blog readers. These are not rare and expensive pins, but that does not make them any less special.  I love them all. There are eleven spaces left. What will I do when this piece is filled? Why, begin another one, of course.


Speaking of trees, Wednesday and Thursday I finished decorating my three Christmas trees. I have a small white tree on which I display my White House ornaments. I also have two 6' artificial trees, one on my sunporch and one in the living room.  If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you may recall that last year my Christmas decorating was limited as I was recovering from my second adventure with breast cancer. I'm doing great, so this year all the trees are up along with my Christmas quilted wallhangings and other decorations. It might all be a bit much, but I love it!

This has been a fun week. Wednesday night I went out seven friends for our annual holiday dinner, and I am super, super excited to be attending another very special event later this weekend. I'll give you a hint: gypsies, tramps, and thieves . . . 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that your three trees are decorated and that you are feeling so much better. I love the idea of the Christmas tree pin hanging, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete