Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Day after the Blizzard of 2022

 

Here was the view from every window yesterday as the wind blew and the snow kept coming. The only shoveling I did was to clear a small path for Emma. The snowing and blowing stopped late last night and today dawned bright and clear. Fortunately, we didn’t lose our power. The official count for Weymouth was two feet of light, fluffy snow; all the meteorologists nailed their forecasts on this one. Looking out into my yard, it was difficult to measure the snow depths due to the amount of drifting. My deck was practically clear as were my front steps. Between my house and one neighbor I could see a patch of grass; between my house and the neighbors on the other side, it had to be three to four feet deep. Crazy! 


The forecasts call for fifty degree temps on Thursday!!! Life in New England!!!

I have been recording what I stitch each day in my A Needlework Enthusiast Book of Days. In the first column, I have recorded all that I have accomplished this month.

1.) Finished “When Life Gives You Lemons” quilt begun in May 2020.

2.) “December Dance” - from Lindy Stitches - Red-footed Booby cross stitch piece

3.)  Roll up applique mat


4.)”Snowman and Tree” wool applique piece from Buttermilk Basin

5.) Six pillowcases to be donated



6.) “Time for Hot Cocoa” placemats fromWilmington prints. . . I had purchased this kit maybe a year or two ago, but I hadn’t stitched them until last week. They are cheerful and fun.


Summary: 1 kit finished and six yards of fabric used from my stash . . . 

Now to the question on everyone’s mind . . . will he or won’t he . . . retire that is. After twenty-two years in the NFL, the word is that Tom Brady may be retiring. He is still at the top of his game, and I for one hope he comes back for one more year. 

Have a safe, creative, fun week.

1 comment: