Wednesday, January 5, 2022

“A Tomorrow” and ‘Fleece Navidad’



Tomorrow, Jan. 6th, we will commemorate the violent insurrection at the Capitol one year ago. We are being crushed by the rising number of covid cases as things once again appear to be spiraling downward. In spite of all that, I promise you, dear readers, that this will be an upbeat piece. 

Let’s start with this ornament that I fully finished this evening. It is Fleece Navidad from Misty Purcel of Luminous Fiber Arts. There are so many wonderful cross stitch designers now. You cannot help but be happy while stitching pieces such as this. I did a lightly stuffed, soft pillow finish for this ornament. 

A friend recommended A Tomorrow, a spoken word piece by Canadian poet Shan Koyczan on Youtube. It runs about seven minutes, and I promise you it is worth your time. Hope is something we all need during these troubled times. Go to Youtube and search for  ‘A Tomorrow’ ; it will make your heart a bit lighter.

May we all have happy, healthy, hope filled tomorrows. 

4 comments:

  1. MUCH better to stay positive rather than dwell on the past x Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I wish all this was in the past. It is not just Covid which threatens our country. Things are not good here; we are a nation divided, not united. Sometimes it is all very overwhelming, so I try to write posts to lift spirits and perhaps offer a smile or two.
      Stay safe. I hope things are improving in your country.

      Delete
  2. I sure hope that this latest rise in the COVID cases will be the beginning of the last. Surely, we are going to leave this pandemic behind us soon! Keep that drawbridge closed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a doctor’s appointment on Monday, and he told me to go home and hibernate for the next two months. Good Advice!

      Delete