Thursday, January 20, 2022

Wool Applique Snowman and a Three Package Day


I am following through on some of my resolutions. ;-) (Note the word ‘some.’) I am pulling out and working on kits from my stash. This is Snowman and Tree from Buttermilk Basin which is a wonderful source for all things wool applique. The kit came with the pattern and display stand. I had purchased the kit a few years ago, and it is now one completed thing off my list.


Today was a three package day. Early this morning I received a package from the Fat Quarter Shop. It was a small order of floss, pale pink aida for stitching Valentine pieces, and some sticky board to mount cross stitch pieces. All in all, not too exciting.

Next up, UPS dropped off a large styrofoam container. First thought . . . Good heavens what did I order??? Well, it was a shipment of insulin packed in the container with frozen gel packs. (Normally, I get my order from my local CVS, so I don’t know why it was shipped to my house from out of state.) The edge of the container had been damaged and as I brought it into the house,  I left a trail of teenie tiny white styrofoam pellets. I went straight out to the sunporch to open it. Those bits of styrofoam were worse to clean up than a preteen’s party featuring glitter. I had to get them all up as I didn’t want Emma to eat them. 

The third package was one that I had been waiting for. . . Each year I use Blog 2 Print to make a hard bound copy of all my blog posts for the previous year. I have a book for each year since I began this blog back in 2009. This time I chose to combine 2020 and 2021 and labeled the spine “2020 Life in the Time of Covid 2021.”  Little did I realize that it would still be with us in 2022. 

On the cover I selected from my images the marquee of the Cameo theater in South Weymouth at the beginning of the pandemic. It reads: Essential Workers You Are Stars.


The dedication . . . 

For the back cover I chose the quilted piece that I had created for my front door.


In time, memories of the pandemic may dim, but this book will allow me to remember what it was like for us all.

If you write a blog, let me show you what a few pages from the inside look like.



It is super easy to create a blog book, and to my way of thinking worth the cost. Blog2Print frequently offers 35% off deals, and at the start of the new year sometimes bigger discounts; mine was 45% off. Again, if you blog and are interested, sign up to be on their email list. You may go back to make a book of any year that you wish.

Well, now I am going to go do some prep work on some project bags, pillowcases, and another wool applique piece. I’m trying the Field of Dreams approach, if I prep it, I might actually sew/stitch it. Fingers crossed . . . 

I’ll leave you with this silly piece.


Stay warm. Stay Safe. Stay creative.

3 comments:

  1. Good reminder! I need to do that Blog 2 Print too! It wouldn't accept my coupon though. . .bummer! Way to go to be making progress on "some" of your resolutions. Some is better than none!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to email a new offer every couple of weeks.

      Delete
  2. It is great to get a finish ticked off the list x Apart from the little "beads" it sounds like a good post day x

    ReplyDelete