Friday, January 7, 2022

Shoveling in a Winter Wonderland


 We had been amply warned that a nor’easter was coming, but at 4:00am the ground was bare. Then it arrived at a rate of 1 to 2 inches an hour. By 8:30, there were about eight inches on my deck. As I shoveled, the intrepid Miss Emma set out to explore the winter wonderland. It’s a good thing that she is part jackrabbit as the snow was deep for her. 

It’s 2:30 now, and I’ve just come in again from shoveling another three to four inches. I’m blessed to have wonderful neighbors with snowblowers who do my driveway after doing their own. I shovel the deck and backstairs, the front steps, and the area in front of the garage door. It was a delightfully fluffy snow so it was easy shoveling.

Coincidentally, I began stitching a new cross stitch piece called “Winter Wonderland” yesterday as I had packed  away “Christmas in the Kitchen” which had been hanging in my kitchen. ;-). Cross stitchers on floss tube have been urging “New Year - New Starts. “ I definitely don’t need that type of encouragement. Believe it or not, some folks have said that this month they are starting twenty-two stitch pieces for 2022!!!  I’m currently working on finishing two Christmas ornaments, the Winter Wonderland piece, and two, possibly three, which I have yet to start. That’s plenty.


“When Life Gives You Lemons, ” my covid quilt, was fully finished over the weekend; I stitched the binding and added a  label and sleeve.

The pattern was “Sequoia Sampler” by Alex Anderson. It’s a fun pattern which you can adapt to suit any theme you might choose. Though lacking any real artistic talent, I was able to design a lemon tree for the centerpiece and a pitcher of  lemonade. It was quilted by fellow Crosstown Guild member Maureen Anderson of Anderson Quilting. 


It looks pretty dull here now that Christmas has been packed away, so I’m heading down cellar to bring up the winter decorations. Bring on the snowmen!!!

Life in New England … the meteorologists now say we will have a polar freeze over the course of the next few days. It just keeps getting better and better. ;-() 

Stay warm and stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Your lemon COVID quilt is spot on! Love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the best place to be is inside x I dont know how anyone can have so many project .. it would drive me mad! Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete