Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sunday, Day 2 of 2022

 2022 . . . Doesn’t that sound strange. . . As we start this new year, I have been taking stock of what I would like to accomplish in the months ahead. Indeed, accomplish will be my spirit word for 2022. Do you choose a word or phrase to motivate or guide you each year?  Yes, as noted in my previous post, I did fully finish forty-three cross stitch pieces, but I completely lost my quilting mojo. I am determined to be more balanced this year and accomplish more quilting and wool applique. On Sundays, I’ll hopefully record what I have accomplished for the previous week.

To start off 2022,  I did sew on the binding, sleeve, label for a small quilt “When Life Gives You Lemons.”  I’ll post photos next time, and I stitched a cute cross stitch ornament which has yet to be fully finished.

Today I also began undecking the halls . . . well, outside that is. The old sled which had belonged to my dad’s family is tucked back in the garage as is the tree with multi colored lights that my neighbor made for me a few years ago. That sled is a hundred years old if it is a day. For years it stood in the corner of our cellar until I dragged it out to become part of our Christmas decorations. Tomorrow I’ll start undecking the inside, but I am in no rush. The creche figures will remain up until the Feast of the Epiphany, and I plan to leave up my small cross stitch tree and gradually add winter ornaments. 

Resolutions for 2022. . . I intend to stitch only from stash as I have enough quilting fabric, wool, cross stitch fabric, and thread to last at least a few years. I was also fully determined not to buy even one more cross stitch chart. That resolution didn’t even last for a day, but it wasn’t my fault as The Stitching with the Housewives shop on Etsy had a 20% off sale. Their patterns are fun and irresistible. Oh, and I might possibly have purchased another pattern which had been sitting in my cart for a while. This chart celebrates Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. How could I resist? But that is it, really and truly. ;-)

Well, I’ve rambled long enough. Have a wonderful, creative, and safe week. Let me know what your word  for 2022 will be and what resolutions you have made.

Oh, one more resolution . . . once again I am determined to lose fifteen pounds this year. It’s strange how that resolution always shows up on my list. . . 

1 comment:

  1. At least you have some goals to work towards x Loosing weight is something that should ALWAYS be worked on slowley x lol x

    ReplyDelete