Friday, December 31, 2021

Farewell 2021


 I’m popping in to wish you all a very Happy, HEALTHY, Safe, Creative New Year!!! 

This piece,  “Cardinal Etching,”  was stitched as a Christmas gift for my neighbors who enjoy feeding the birds. The pattern was in the 2020 Christmas-Winter issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher magazine, and the designer of the pattern was Cecilia Turner of Heart in Hand Needleart. I do love how it turned out, so I may have to stitch one for myself.This pretty frame was a thrift shop find. From time to time, I stop in to check for interesting frames. I have two containers in my basement filled with frames and other things on which to display cross stitch pieces. As you probably know, having things professionally framed can be outrageously expensive, so I try to do my own finishing. 

 As this is New Year’s Eve, I thought I would total up my stitched pieces. If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know that I fell head first down the cross stitch rabbit hole. According to my stitch journal, I stitched forty-three pieces in 2021. Yikes!!! I stitched three wool applique pieces and made lots of quilted project bags, but not even one totally finished quilt. I do have the binding half way done on a quilt, so I think that might count ;-) I do have plans to get back to quilting and to work on some wool applique pieces in 2022.

Recommendation: The other night I watched The Magic of Belle Island on Amazon Prime. This film directed by Rob Reiner stars Morgan Freeman, and it is a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.

Interesting weather note: in Massachusetts, 2021 has taken first place for the warmest year on record. 

                   ==============        ===============      =============

Please stay safe. Experts have said that the next two months will be beyond grim for us all. The CDC predicts that up to 44,000 people will lose their lives in the next four weeks alone. 

Double masked, I went early to the grocery store and stocked up. (Paper products were low, but I didn’t see any other shortages.) I am temporarily stopping my flute lessons and plan to stay in my castle. Fingers crossed, I might even get a few things accomplished.

1 comment: