Monday, December 27, 2021

Greetings from My Castle



It’s Monday, two days after Christmas 2021, and I spent this morning fully finishing three cross stitch ornaments for my new cross stitch tree. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

This little tree was a total impulse buy at Lowes earlier in the month. I am not an impulse buyer, but this tree had caught my eye. Ho Ho Ho is a pattern by Priscilla Blain of Stitching with the Housewives on Etsy. Isn’t Santa adorable in his red long johns! ***




Joy was a complimentary design from Misty Pursel from Luminous Fiber Arts, and this sweet little design with Mrs. Claus, Christmas in the Kitchen: Candy Canes, was a pattern that I had purchased last year but which I did not get stitched until last week. This pattern was also from Misty Pursel. 

 

These last three tiny pieces were stitched during my needlepoint phase. I was delighted to see that one was dated . . . ‘88. :-)




Recommendation: If you have Amazon Prime, definitely watch Being the Riccardos; it’s wonderful!!! Nicole Kidman gives a marvelous performance as Lucille Ball. The film deals with the sometimes stormy relationship of the couple, the filming of “I Love Lucy,” and a political crisis which threatens the program.    
Please do watch it; it is really well done.

Stay safe everyone.

*** Yes, I was curious, so I googled to see why they are called “long johns.” There was a famous boxer named John L. Sullivan who wore this attire into the boxing ring. People started calling them John L’s, and eventually they became long jones. Now you know. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cross stitch ornaments. They look wonderful on your new tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan is to try to stitch two more ornaments this week and then maybe one each month. :-)

      Delete
  2. I think Santa in his long johns is my favorite x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one, too!!! Priscilla Blain’s designs are always so much fun to stitch.

      Delete