Friday, February 4, 2022

Ice Is Not Nice and Winter Wonderland FFO

 

Last Saturday, we received two feet of snow during the blizzard; today it’s ice. It started with rain late yesterday which turned to sleet this morning and by this afternoon, ICE. (Personally, I prefer two feet of snow to three inches of frozen solid slush.) On the newscast, they reported that there have been over two hundred accidents on the roads today. I'm staying put! 

This FFO is “Winter Wonderland” by Priscilla Blain of Stitching with the Housewives. Her whimsical patterns are available on Etsy or at your local needlework shop if you are lucky enough to have one.


I did not stitch the large snowman, the two smallest snowmen, or the sled at the bottom; I just added more snowflakes. :-)

My original plan was to hang small sleds from the hooks, but since this display hangs by the backdoor, Emma’s jackets now hang there instead. 

Well, I’m heading out to see if I can remove some of the mess before tonight’s deep freeze.

Stay warm. Stay safe. Stay creative. Spring is right around the corner. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I like your changes to the stitch. Be careful on that ice!

    ReplyDelete