Tuesday, February 22, 2022

2 - 22 - 2022 and Jubilee Pincushion

 If “two” is your lucky number, then today is your day, 2 - 22 - 2022! February 22nd is also the birthdate (1732) of our first President; Happy Birthday, George. 

As I was watching a recent flosstube episode of Bumble Stitches, Nicola mentioned a cross stitch pattern in honor of Queen Elizabeth’s Jubilee from Helen Philips Designs on Etsy.  I decided to stitch the chart using Etoile sparkly floss throughout. 

Why did I chose to stitch this? Well, Queen Elizabeth and I have so much in common. My middle name is Elizabeth. We both like dogs; she has always had corgis and I like mini schnauzers. Did you know that at the age of ninety-five, the Queen recently welcomed a new dog to Windsor Castle? It is a four year old cocker spaniel named Lissy. Finally, as you all know, both Queen Elizabeth and I live in castles. . . hers is real. :-)

My Aunt Ruth purchased this little trinket box marking the Queen’s Silver Jubilee on one of her trips to England. I thought it fitting to purchase this mug in 2012 at the time of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.

I think perhaps I will leave this little display out until June when celebrations are held to honor Great Britain’s longest reigning sovereign.

The other day it was announced that the Queen who had been fully vaccinated tested positive and is experiencing mild cold symptoms. Let us hope she will makes a speedy recovery.

Stay calm and stitch on!

2 comments:

  1. fingers crossed she will be well soon x LOTS of plans here for her celebrations .. and we get an extra Bank Holiday weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed from here across the pond. :-)

    ReplyDelete