Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Prettiest Quilt Shop in Vermont


A final look at some scenes along the road in Stowe. . . [Note to self: When I buy a log cabin getaway in Vermont, be sure to get the moose stove from a previous post. Also, be sure it is near a field of beautiful horses. Oh, one more thing . . . be sure it has a balcony so I may drape quilts over it. :-)
Just keep repeating, "There is no place like Vermont . . . There is no place like Vermont . . . There is no place like Vermont."   :-)


On the way home, we stopped at Country Treasures in the historic town of Chester, Vermont. This quilt shop has room after room after room of fabric, patterns, books, and notions.

 That brings me to the last quilt shop stop on our getaway,  Waterwheel House Quilt Shop, in Londonderry, VT. To my mind, it is the prettiest quilt shop in Vermont. Lovely quilts are displayed on the porch giving a hint of the beautiful fabrics and quilts inside. Simply beautiful . . . bright happy colors .  . . a must stop for all quilters.


By the parking area there were wild lupine and Edith and Laurel indulged my love of lupines. I was thrilled to see so many still in bloom. 






I hope you have a colorful, happy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I think I will join you next door and have a fiend to view with sheep and horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, definitely, there must be a meadow with sheep which can be viewed while sitting in a rocking chair on the porch.

    ReplyDelete