Sunday, July 21, 2019

Having a Heat Wave


Over 150 million Americans are in the midst of an oppressive heat wave.  Except for church this morning and briefly taking Emma out periodically on a leash, I've stayed inside and managed to focus on some quilting. 

These photo were taken on Wednesday with my 90mm macro lens. There were no filters used; these misty images were purely the result of the humid, heavy air. I have taken photos like this at other times, but it always involved creating a foggy, diffused effect with filters or other manipulations. Not so with these as nature created the effect. 

If you click on any photo, you may view larger images.


I love how these images appear and may print a few to use on cards.


A gentle breeze came along, and I was then able to take the next two somewhat clearer images.



Before the getaway to the Vermont Quilt Show, I had ordered this table runner kit from Shabby Fabrics. Though I didn't have it finished for July 4th, I'll use it for the rest of this summer, and it will be all set for next year!

It was a "Quilt As You Go Venice Table Runner Stars and Stripes Kit." Clicking on the name of the table runner will take you to the info at Shabby Fabrics.  The runner measures 15x48; I'm just showing a small section of the runner. The kit comes with the backing fabric included, and it was easy and fun to do.


While working on the top, you are instructed not to use an iron. You may finger press the seams or do as I did. I carry a wallpaper seam roller in my bag for pressing seams, and it works great. The smaller wooden press is what I use when paper piecing. There wass no paper piecing involved in this project; I just included it as a size reference.


Tomorrow promises to bring some relief from the heat; until then keep cool and quilt on!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is cooler here in Florida. i hope the heat breaks soon so you can enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete