Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Another Excellent Adventure - The Vermont Quilt Festival 2019

My friends Edith and Laurel and I headed to Vermont last Thursday morning.  Along the way we stopped at the Springfield, VT, rest area. We went out the back door to see the view and encountered what appeared to be a moth convention on the glass door and brick wall. The pink and yellow moth was small, but the guy on the right was a big fella! I wish I had taken a few more photos as there were moths of all shapes and sizes just hanging around in the warm sunshine.



I tried identifying these moths. The pink and yellow one is a Dryocampa rubicunda, rosy maple moth, but I'm not sure what the big guy is. You can see part of the door hinge which gives you an idea of his impressive size :-)

Take a look at this awesome moose stove that was in the Visitors Center. How cool, or in this case, hot is that!!!!!!! If I ever get a log cabin, I'm getting a stove like this!


Our next stop was for lunch in Quechee, and here we are . . . three gorgeous, gallivanting gals at the gorge. :-)


There is a trail which leads 165 feet to the bottom . . . perhaps another time. We had quilt shops to visit!


We stopped at Hen House Fabrics in White River Junction before heading on to Stowe, our home away from home for three nights.  

Tomorrow I'll show you some quilts that caught my eye at the show.

1 comment: