Saturday, July 27, 2019

Magical Morning Moments



This morning I hoped to do a bit of gardening before the heat set in, so I took Emma out on a leash very early. Heaven forbid that she should see a squirrel and take off barking and waking up the entire neighborhood, hence, the leash :-)  I was about to bring her into the house when I glanced down and saw a beautiful monarch butterfly resting in the grass. After taking Emma inside, out I came with my camera. It was still cool, so the butterfly was content to stay still while I crawled around shooting it from every angle. (I just hoped my neighbors wouldn't look out their window and think "she's fallen and can't get up." Fortunately, in spite of my foot issue, I'm still pretty agile. :-)



The wings in this image are not as sharp as I would have like, but I was trying to get a face to face portrait. Please click on this or any other image for a larger view; you will be amazed at how large its eyes are.
 
 

On Tuesday, I went to lunch with friends and we discussed this app. Later, Kathy sent out this image.
 

Laurel sent this cartoon. Looks like a perfectly swell party to me!!!

Finally, here's a photo taken last week of the progress being made on construction of our new library.


I have done a bit of quilting this week, but I'll save that for my next post.

1 comment:

  1. The butterfly photos are just gorgeous. You gave me a good laugh with the comics. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete