Monday, January 2, 2023

Resolutions, Recap, and Spirit Word for 2023

 Happy New Year!!!

Yesterday after church, I lugged the old sled and the heavy wooden Christmas tree back into the garage. Today the window candles and the spotlight were packed away. The inside decorations will remain for a few more days.

Resolution:

I have decided that “FUSE” will be my spirit word for 2023 for my stitch related endeavors. Finish + Use = Fuse. Yes, I am determined to finish some of the many projects that are in various stages of completion. Finishing one quilt a month seems like a realistic goal as a few just need borders or a few more blocks. Off the top of my head, I think I have five quilts that need to be completed. Wait a second, maybe I will make that finish one quilt every two months. Knowing me, that’s probably more realistic. ;-)

USE . . . Once again I am determined to stitch from my stash. That means no buying any more quilting fabric, patterns, cross stitch charts, floss, etc. Wish me luck in keeping this resolution. Pinky swear. . . I will only use what is already in my stash.

My friend Laurel sent along this timely piece . . . 

Recap:

The other day I read through last year’s posts to determine what I had accomplished during the last twelve months, and I was pleasantly surprised.

5 Quilts (2 had been started last year)

1 Mini Quilt

31 Cross Stitch pieces

2 Wool Applique pieces

6 Pillowcases donated

4 Fleece blankets donated

8 Project Bags ( a few were gifts and a couple were donated)

2 Sets of placemats

My intention is to work on more wool applique pieces this year as I have a numbers of fully kitted projects and two pieces in my stash that I need to finish . . . 

I wish you all a happy, healthy, creative 2023.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful finish list for 2022! I LOVED your spirit word for the year and got a good chuckle out of the cartoon!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry. I was truly amazed when I looked back and counted up my finishes. I better get busy on this year’s work. :-)

      Delete