Thursday, January 12, 2023

This and That Thursday

 


Well, I have no finished quilts, cross stitching, or wool applique pieces to show you, but I have been making progress on a few things.


This amaryllis was a Christmas gift and the first stalk has five beautiful blossoms. The bulb has now sent up a second stalk. Things are about to get very crowded. :-)

Cuteness Alert!!!



These two handsome brothers belong to my friend Maribeth. I know quilters will want to know about the quilt on which they are napping. A few years back, she made this impressive 365 Day Challenge quilt. Each day a new six inch block design was posted. Each quilter chose his or her own colors. Maribeth has never met a quilt with a zillion or more pieces that she hasn’t enjoyed making. My friend Edith also made this quilt; both ladies are super over achievers! This magnificent quilt is temporarily residing on this chair where Romeo on the left and Wildcard on the right appear quite contentedly snuggling. 


Here’s a better view of this gorgeous quilt. The lads were startled by a noise, and I was able to grab this shot. I love the symmetry of this image with the seam line dividing the image perfectly with each brother getting an equal share of the cushion. :-) 

Continuing the quilt theme. . . here’s a photo of the side of a building at the Derby Street stores in Hingham.


Wouldn’t it be fun to make a few quilt block similar to this and then play with rearranging them? It might make an exciting design, but I am not going to allow myself to get distracted from my other projects. That doesn’t mean, however, that I might not file this idea away for another time. :-) 

Spilling the Tea. . . This has nothing to do with quilting or cross stitching, but what is your take on Prince Harry spilling the tea? For the past week, he has been all over the morning and late night shows hawking his new book Spare. On the first day, 1.4 million copies of his memoir were sold in the U.S., U.K., and Canada. The royal couple are estimated to have received 100 million (yes, you are reading that correctly, 100 million dollars) for their six-part Netflix series and 25 million for their deal with Spotify. I did not watch the Netflix series but did watch the 60 Minutes interview with Anderson Cooper and Harry’s appearance with Steven Colbert on the Late Show. And, no, I have no intention of reading the book.

I am just thankful that it wasn’t published while the Queen was still alive. Personally, I think the whole thing is shameful and am betting that a certain royal couple won’t be receiving an invitation for front row seats at the upcoming coronation.

Covid and flu numbers are rising . . . please stay safe everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I think Harry is a disgrace, I wish he would take a DNA test so they could once and for all disown him. I wouldn’t watch or buy the book. I won’t help fund there cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Harry has managed to set himself up for life. I watched the Netflix series The Crown, the 60 minutes interview, the documentary on Netflix and Oprah's interview. We've heard one side of the story. Like all stories, there will be truth--hard facts, truth--how the person remembered the event and some embellishment--like the fisherman's tale. I don't plan to read his book.--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete