Saturday, December 31, 2022

Goodbye 2022 . . . Hello 2023


Well, today is the last day of 2022, and I have three last cross stitch pieces to show. Jingle Bell Cafe and Bakery is a chart by Priscilla Blain of Stitching with the Housewives on Etsy. I did not stitch the bottom row of the chart so this piece would fit on this canister from Hobby Lobby. I had started stitching it the week before Thanksgiving, and it took close to a full month to finish it.


There are two vintage cookie cutters on top along with a small rolling pin. The good thing about display pieces like this is that you can then store away stitched pieces inside. 



“Holiday Spirit” was a complimentary chart by Robin Shappell of Samplerbird Stitchery. The words are stitched in a pretty green, and I have ordered some chenille trim to put around the edges. I also plan to add trim around this vintage Santa from “The Prairie Schooler Kris Kringle - Book No. 62.” I stitched two of these Santas this year, and there are six more in the set to stitch. 




These Santa ornaments go well with one of my all-time favorite quilts. “Old World Santas/ Classic Santas” by Sue Garmin. That quilt was a joy to make. According to the label on the back, this was finished in 2010. I love it. 





I had planned to put away the outdoor decorations this morning, but rain prevented that chore. The inside decorations won’t get packed away until after the Epiphany, January 6th. Why rush when the house looks so festive?






I keep finding new places to display my work. :-)

This year I started decorating early, so I could whittle down and pass on some treasures. It worked well as I only added two items this year. One was the small Santa baker on my kitchen counter and this cute little piece.


I had brought a good size box of Christmas items to the thrift shop, and as I entered, I kept thinking . . . don’t look around . . . don’t buy anything. That didn’t work as I did purchase this sweet piece, but it was half priced and only cost $4.00!  :-)

May the year ahead bring us all health, happiness, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment