Monday, December 26, 2022

Vegging Out the Day after Christmas


I spent a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with family in Watertown. On the way home, I stopped to photograph this wonderful nativity display in front of St. Patrick’s in Watertown Square. It was bitter cold, so I only grabbed a few quick shots. (Interesting note. . . my dad’s paternal grandparents were married at St. Patrick’s on December 25, 1870. From what I have read, it was not unusual to be married on Christmas Day as people in those days would work six days a week. My great-grandparents would have been married in the old church as this church was dedicated in 1906.)




 Cluck! Cluck! Miss T received her chicken quilt on Christmas Eve. Cluck! Cluck!


 Miss T is on the left and Miss L on the right. If you have been following my blog for a number of years, these are the two young cousins who when there was an in-service day/early dismissal at their grammar school would come with their mom for “Ladies Lunch.” After lunch at a restaurant, we would come back to my house usually to do a craft project, go to the playground, or to play games. We did it from the time Miss L was in first grade and  Miss T was in nursery school. What happy, happy memories! 

Note about the quilt: I used templates designed by Lori Holt to create this flock. The fabric was also from a line designed by her for Riley Blake. It was designed for use in her Happiness Quilt which I had purchased a few years ago but which I didn’t make. With the pandemic, I hadn’t felt inclined to make a “happiness” quilt, but I was “happy” to have that fabric to make these chickens. :-) If you are a quilter or a cross stitcher, you should definitely follow her blog, Bee in My Bonnet and view her shows on Youtube. 



Santa brought Emma this pretty jacket for Christmas. Actually, he dropped it off a few days earlier as we have been having some bitter cold weather. B’rrrrrrrr. This new jacket will keep her toasty warm. 


It doesn’t seem possible that my little bundle of fun and energy will turn eleven at the end of this month. How can that be? For that matter, how can all of my seven young cousins suddenly be so grown up??? They now range in age from ten to seventeen. Yikes!

Well, I had planned to work on a few things today, but this post was my sole accomplishment. Maybe I will do better tomorrow . . . :-)

Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Emma is as cute as ever! I bet she will enjoy the coat that Santa delivered early. I bet it felt good to hand off that cluck, cluck quilt! --TerryK@OnGoing Projects

    ReplyDelete