Wednesday, December 21, 2022

White House Ornaments, The Boys, Two Santa FFOs, and Hello Winter

 


Happy Winter! Yes, dear readers, today is the first day of the glorious season of winter. B’rrrrr . . . 

I have been collecting White House Ornaments for a number of years and this year had decided to skip it. Well, that is until I saw this year’s design, a gingerbread version of the White House. How could I resist?



In previous years, they had been displayed on a two foot artificial Christmas tree. It served its purpose, but the ornaments were crowded together. Last month, I saw this ornament tree stand in the Herrschners catalogue. I love it. My vintage, ceramic Christmas tree is taking a rest this year, and this display has replaced it on the credenza. 

The seated Lincoln figurine, which is always part of my White House Ornament display, was a rummage sale find many years ago by my friend also named Janice. :-)




Book Talk : Have you read The Boys by Ron and Clint Howard? I’m sure you recognize the names, but in case you don’t, many moons ago Ron played Sheriff Andy Taylor’s little boy Opie living in Mayberry and Clint was friends with a bear named Gentle Ben. It is a very pleasant read. It deals with their childhood, but also explores Ron’s “Happy Days” and his desire to become a director. You will enjoy it.

I’ve added two cross stitch ornaments to my tree. The first is from “A Merry Mini Surprise,” a collection of eight small ornaments by The Prairie Schooler.”


The second is from the eight pieces “Kris Kringle” collection also by The Prairie Schooler. I especially love the second collection as my favorite Christmas quilt is my “Old World Santas” quilt. 



I have a few more ornaments to finish and show and a larger piece which is finally completed, but now I want to watch President Zelensky’s Address to a Joint Meeting of Congress. Bless President Zelensky and all the people of the Ukraine.

I’ll try to pop in again before the weekend. As always, thanks for reading my ramblings. :-)

1 comment:

  1. The ornaments look good on your new metal frame. I like how you finished your cross stitch ornaments!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete