Friday, September 18, 2020

A Stitching Update

 Happy Friday! I  hope you have had a good week. Today I thought that I would give an update on what I have been stitching.

Quilting - Nothing, nada . . . I'm thinking that now that the weather is turning a bit cooler my quilting mojo may return. Heavens knows I have enough pieces in process. 

Cross Stitching - That I am happy to report is going along just fine. I am now able to wish you a "appy Halloween."

I have decided that I don't enjoy using a hoop on this larger piece, so I am stitching in hand as I do with my small pieces. Clips are used to roll up the completed section while I gentle hold the section to be stitched in my other hand. Two more hats, a black cat, a couple of spiders and a few back stitched words and I am good to go. :-) Just check out those high heeled boots! Now that's styling!

The pattern info is here and you may click on the image to get a larger size.  By the way, those magnetic cross stitch line keepers are the best thing since sliced bread! You slip one on your chart, and you slide it down after completing a row making it super easy to keep track of your stitches. They are available from the Fat Quarter Shop.


 
Earlier this week I received the chart for the much anticipated "Coming to America . . . The Women of the Mayflower."  Cross stitchers across the country are working on this piece in honor of the Pilgrims' Landing in 1620. The pattern and kit have been wildly popular, but they are still available at The Silver Needle online shop. 

I only purchased the chart not the fabric and thread and do not intend to start it until the new year. Let me show you what came in the box.
Besides the chart, there is a little pilgrim girl needle minder, a bonus harvest themed chart, a booklet about William Bradford, a piece of fabric which features images of his writing,  a thread ring, a corner gauge, and a label to place on the finished framed piece. Very cool!!!


 
 
Guess what? The mailman just this minute delivered another package with this little chart; it's Clare O'Hare by Lizzie Kate. It will be a small stand up piece, and as you can see, Clare comes with her hat, basket, gardening tools, and carrots. Those who know me are nodding their heads and saying, "Yup, that has her name all over it." Don't get me wrong; I think the reproduction samplers are positively lovely, but this girl in the words of Cindy Lauper . . . "just wants to have fun."  This will be a spring project.


Now if that is not enough to keep me busy, the Squash Squad wool applique project with Sue Spargo starts today!!!!  I have prep work to do this weekend before the fancy stitching begins on Monday. It will be a nine week stitch project.
 
One last thing . . . I went for my quick biweekly trip to the supermarket this morning as I needed milk as I go though at least a half gallon each week. Since the cartons were dated far ahead, I picked up three. I''m wondering . . . do you think my neighbors would mind if I just kept a cow in my backyard???  It would be  so much easier. 

One really last thing . . . I can not mention cows without leaving you with this from Ogden Nash.
 
The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk.
 
I would recite funny poems to my eighth graders at the drop of a hat. .  . Ogeden Nash was a favorite.
 
Have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe. Have hope and for everyone's sake please wear your mask. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment