Saturday, May 2, 2020

A Glorius Day in the Neighorhood


Well it turns out that my neighbor Dewey is not the only feline jigsaw puzzle aficionado. Here is my godchild Kristin's cat Franklin. How many piece he actually placed or whether he merely served in a supervisory role is unclear. 

We have turned the page, and it is finally May. Thank goodness! April was the coldest April on record since 2007 with not one day over 62F.  Today, May2, it is already 68F. Yeah!!!  Emma and I were able to take a long walk this morning in the bright, warm, restorative sunshine.  The glorious weather does seem to lift one's spirits.

I have completed a few more circles for the Sue Spargo "90 Day Toned - Down Sampler" wool project. You may find information on her Facebook page and her website. I love how the wings on the butterfly and the bee are dimensional.


Though I continue to make face masks, I have not been able to get my quilting mojo going. Alex Anderson from The Quilt Show is going to do a live streaming quilt along starting Monday, and so I have purchased her pattern, "Sequoia Sampler." (Note: the lessons will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and you may also check them out on Youtube at your convenience. You may purchase the PDF or the paper printed version of the pattern HERE. )

Her Friday program dealt with choosing fabric from one's stash for this quilt. I have only one fat quarter packet that I won at a recent  guild meeting, but as I have another quilt in those colors presently in timeout, my quilt will be probably scrappy. {Note to non-quilters: when we get tired of working on a project, we will often bundle it up for another time and say it is in "timeout."}

I wish you peace. Stay safe. Stay strong. Have hope. We will get through these troubled times.

-------------          ----------------             --------------     ----------------     ----------------      ------------------

   It is the end of week six in isolation for those of us in Massachusetts.
   As of May 2, 2020 . . .

                                      Cases                         Deaths 

World                        3.3 million                 241,000
United States            1.1 million                    65,000+
Massachusetts            66,263                           3,846

2 comments:

  1. We too had a glorious afternoon with some sunshine. . .it was nice! I've been sewing along with Bonnie Hunter on her "Unity" quilt project. I hope you have fun sewing along with Alex Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should make a jigsaw puzzle of a cat sitting on a jigsaw puzzle, it would be so cute. The death toll continues to rise but now we aren't supposed to talk about that, just how amazing our administration is doing to combat this. You know that was even hard for my to type! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete