Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Well Owl Be . . .


Hello Fellow Quarantinees . . . How are you doing this week? Isn't this little owl cute? It's a design from the Sue Spargo "90 Day Toned-Down Circle Sampler." Believe it or not, I was originally going to skip doing this one as it didn't appeal to me. Crazy! The other evening I thought better of it and spent the night stitching him, and I am glad that I did! I love the drizzle stitches on the top of his head. Come to think of it, my curls are beginning to look a bit like that as well. :-)

Maybe I should break out the hand clippers. I've shown this vintage gem before. Not only can you use it to cut hair, you can "MAKE HAPPY FRIENDS EVERYWHERE." A win, win!!!


Here are four more circles. I changed the design of the one in the top left simplifying the flowers by filling the basket with French knots.

I saw this incredible bookcase image on Ariane Zurcher's blog, Where Life and Art Meet,  this morning.  Click on it to enlarge it and then read the booktitles from left to right. Amazing!!!


Ariane Zurcher also has a Youtube channel, "Ariane Zurcher - On the Other Hand" where she posts videos showing the various stitches that Sue Spargo is using in each circle. The videos are especially aimed at Lefties, but Righties like me also find them incredibly helpful. :-)

One last thing . . . did you see Anderson Cooper of CNN announcing the arrival of his precious baby boy, Wyatt Morgan Cooper? We all need to see moments of pure joy like that during these difficult times. He will be a wonderful dad.

Stay safe. Stay strong. Have hope. We will get through this.

2 comments:

  1. I love the owl, great job on all the stitching. I am so happy for Anderson Cooper, you are right we all need good news. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete