Friday, May 22, 2020

Stronger Together



Hello Fellow Quarantinees! How are you all doing??? I've been meaning to post all week, but time has gotten away from me. Gardening and stitching and walks with Emma have been keeping me busy. Yesterday as I drove down Green Street in North Weymouth I spotted this colorful display. Isn't it great!

This morning I was greeted by the first of the season poppies. These old fashion poppies originally came from my aunt's garden many, many years ago. Hopefully, tomorrow's possible showers will not ruin them as the blooms are as delicate as tissue paper.

Speaking of tissue paper, I received an order of large size "bleeding" tissue paper, so I hope to do some more sun printing with it next week. The package that I had used in my first attempt had smaller length pieces, and I wasn't thrilled by the seams it caused.


I have been keeping up with the Sue Spargo "Down-Toned Circle Sampler," and here are a few of my favorites. 

I have not done every one of Sue's suggested circles as a few did not suit my taste. In the end, I will create some of my own designs to fill the other circles. I did stitch one circle that simply says, "Have Hope."



 I'm also working on the Alex Anderson "Sequoia Sampler" quilt. She is giving instructions on Youtube for this project. When she first talked about it, I knew just what I wanted to use. After scouring the internet, I found this Timeless Treasures bundle of lemon themed fat quarters, and yes, you guessed it, I'm going to call my quilt, "When Life Gives You Lemons." It seems perfectly appropriate to mark this time.



A few types of businesses are beginning to open on a limited basis here in Massachusetts. As you can see, it is not a moment too soon for Miss Emma. She has a grooming appointment for June 2. Now, if you think she looks cute but more than a bit shaggy, you ought to see me. Bushy does not begin to describe my new coiffure!!! I am reluctant to go to the hair salon, so I may have to order some industrial strength clips to hold back my curly, wild, incredibly bushy locks. I used to dreams of having long, curly red hair, but common sense and a look in the mirror always motivated me to keep it short and controlled. Now I can see why.


Stay safe. Stay strong. Have hope. We will get through these troubled times.
_________          ___________     ____________       _______________     ________________

Covid -19 Statistics: May 22, 2020

                                  Cases                       Deaths
World                     5,168,665                  335, 941
 United States         1, 509, 349                   95, 495
Massachusetts              90,899                       6,228         

4 comments:

  1. I hear you about your"bushy" description of your hair. I wonder if hairdressers are essential after all. So many people have lamented about how unruly their locks have become. Lucky for me, I can braid or pull my hair out of the way. I like your lemon themed fabrics. Your circle project continues to wow me. Those are beautiful stitches that you have chosen to enhance each circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry, For most of the circles, I am following Sue Spargo's designs. I am using my own colors, but I am following her daily circle designs. I am happy that I have stuck with this project and am very pleased with how it is coming along. It continues to be a great learning experience..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for your quilt! That will be so pretty - I love everything lemon! - and the theme is perfect for this COVID time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Miss Emma enjoys her appointment, my boys look ridiculous with their short hair. I love your stitching and that beautiful poppy. Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete