Monday, June 5, 2023

Flower Market FFO, Bunnies, and a Change in the Weather


We have had the most glorious spring weather for the last two weeks. The temperatures even reached ninety on both Thursday and Friday, but by late afternoon Friday, a cold front moved in along with lots of rain. By Saturday morning, the temperature had dropped forty degrees! Yes, we have traded May weather for March weather! Between the cold and the rain, there has been no gardening getting done. You won’t hear me complain as we had such a wonderful stretch of weather. I’m hoping that the rain heads north to Nova  Scotia to help put out their raging wildfires.

Wednesday was a beautiful day. I went to lunch with a group of friends and then back to a friend’s home for dessert. Fourteen lovely ladies, all former teachers, were present. In the evening, I went to another friend’s home for dinner. Yes, indeed, it was a fun doubleheader kind of day.

Last year, we had chipmunks everywhere; I haven’t seen any this year. There are, however, rabbits all over the place. Tuesday night I looked around before letting Emma out. As she dashed out to begin her backyard perimeter check, I spotted bunny ears sticking up from my small garden. Oh, no!!! I dashed out and succeeded in getting Emma back inside. I grabbed my phone and took this photo. The rabbits will freeze in place if not being actively pursued. I watered a few hanging pots and then spotted him/her in the front of my large garden. Obviously, he/she wanted to check out my pretty, new hydrangea.
 


I also took a moment to capture this lovely, blue iris. When I sold my aunts’ home many years ago, I made sure to bring home a clump of these pretty irises.


Now, continuing the flower theme, at the top of this post is Flower Market, a design by Priscilla Blain of Stitching with the Housewives. It was finished on a house display piece from Paisley and Polka Dots. I don’t love painting all the tiny pieces, but I sure do love how it turned out. I was working on another finishing piece today that I will show in my next post; it’s too cute for words.

That’s it for now. Dodge the raindrops and keep warm. (It’s June 5th, and I turned the heat on twice today!!!) 

Have a happy, creative week.

2 comments:

  1. Your flower market cross stitch finish is cute. I love the color of that iris and isn't int interesting that bunnies will freeze in place if you ignore them? While the majority of their bodies are still, their noses are twitching taking in all the scent around them!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I find interesting is why they even come into my backyard with Emma around. She has chased them a few times and she is mighty fast; fortunately, the bunnies are a tad faster! Mind you, I have woods beyond my yard which would be a whole lot safer for them.

      Delete