Monday, June 26, 2023

Phone Photo Tips and Keeping Busy

Yesterday afternoon I made a quick run to Staples to get ink. My printer is old, and unfortunately they only had a black cartridge in stock. Leaving the store I glanced up to see this impressive sky. I snapped this image with my iPhone.

Photos taken with my iPhone never fail to amaze me. My tip: don’t be afraid to move in close. For example, start by taking an overall shot.


Then maybe shoot from a different angle.

Move in for a closer image.


Then go in still closer. With my iPhone, I simply use two fingers to pinch the center of the image then move your fingers apart to zero in on the center of the flower. 


We had a bit of rain off and on on Saturday which allowed me to photograph raindrops on this ruby throated hibiscus.

Straight on . . . 

From an angle . . .

Going in still closer to capture this lovely image.

What else have I been up to? I’ve been prepping the 269 pieces of wool applique for my current project. Did I just write 269 pieces??? Yes!!! Heaven help me! (Some of the pieces are teenie tiny.)

My friend Edith and I headed down to West Dennis on Thursday to visit Cape Cod Quilts and Cottages. The owners have decided to close their lovely quilt shop. Currently, all purchases made with cash are 40% off and purchases made with a credit card are 30% off. Yes, I broke my resolution not to buy any new fabric. They are no longer offering online sales. They still had lots of fabric to choose from, but if interested, call first to be sure the shop is still open. We also stopped at Quilt Corner Studio in Sandwich. It was my first time visiting this shop, and I didn’t leave empty handed. :-)

Besides my wool applique project, I’ve been trying to “fully finish” some stitched cross stitch pieces which should be ready to show in my next post.  I’m thinking that I may use one of the fabrics that I purchased last week to make a fun summer bag.

Our hot and humid weather has precluded much gardening, and since this weather will continue for the next few days, I should be able to get some “stitching things” accomplished.

One more thing . . . my friend Kathy invited friends for a game night. Well, actually it was from 4:00 to 8:00. Her mom who turns 101 in July joined us. She is fun, sharp as a tack, and simply incredible!!!

Keep cool and have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. The raindrops on the hibiscus flower are an amazing detail. WOW! Best wishes on the wool prep and the fully finish process. . .each take time; but, the payoff is great in the end!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry. I wanted to show folks how simple it is to take photos like this. . . no special attachment necessary . . . just get in close. :-)

      Delete