Wednesday, June 14, 2023

“Farm Fresh Berries, “ Crosstown Quilters Guild, Casablanca, and Emma, Too!



Priscilla Blain of Stitching with the Housewives always designs fun, colorful cross stitch pieces, and I couldn’t resist stitching her “Farm Fresh Berries” for my kitchen tiered tray display. This stitching was fully finished on a wood piece from Paisley and Polka Dots. As mentioned in previous posts, the wood pieces in their kits arrive unfinished. You paint all the individual parts and then glue them together. You provide your own paint and glue. I buy small bottles of acrylic paint and use Ailene’s Tacky Glue to assemble the parts.

Yesterday was the last guild meeting of the Crosstown Quilters before our summer break. It was great fun. During Show and Tell, my friend Laurel showed this lovely quilt which she had worked on during the pandemic. 



[An oops update: Laurel emailed me to point out that the posted image was upside down. Oops!!! Here it is right side up. :-). ]




Mary D. showed her gorgeous Kaffe quilt.


A highlight of the meeting was the gifting of a Bruins inspired quilt to Tim who sets things up for our meetings at the Pond Plain Improvement Hall.  He is a diehard Bruins fan, and he seemed thrilled to receive this special quilt which was designed by our guild president Nancy H. I forgot to ask if I could post a photo, but trust me, it turned out great!!!

Back in March, I attended a screening of Casablanca at the Randolph Cinema. Though I have seen this film many times through the years on my TV, seeing it on the big screen was a whole new, amazing experience. If you love Casablanca or, indeed, films in general, I have a recommendation for you. Go to Youtube and search for “Casablanca: An Unlikely Classic.” It is a brilliant, thirty-five minute documentary from Warner Bros. Entertainment that examines the making of this film and its lasting impact. I guarantee you will find this documentary fascinating and well worth your time.  

For Emma fans . . . Here she is after a visit to the groomer this afternoon. Emma humors me for a few minutes, so I can pose her in front of my flowers. :-)



That’s it for today. Enjoy the rest of the week, and be sure to check out,  “Casablanca: An Unlikely Classic.”

1 comment:

  1. Love the strawberries. . .they are adorable!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete