Saturday, May 27, 2023

Photo of the Week and Garden Update

Photo of the Week . . . 
Wednesday morning I headed out to do some photography. There are days when everything comes together and you are able to find wonderful subjects and places to photograph. Wednesday was not one of those days for me. I had been hoping that going out with my camera would be a mood booster as my friends and I recently lost a close, long time, dear friend. From time to time, I have mentioned “my friend also named Janice” in posts on this blog. She had been struggling with serious health issues for a number of years. This funny, caring, gentle spirit went home to God two weeks ago. Though we know she is at peace, it still doesn’t seem real. 

Anyway, after visiting two spots and photographing nothing, I headed to Jenny Pond in Plymouth. These are the only images worth sharing. 



If you click on this photo, you will be amazed by the luminous color of the mallard’s head. (For that matter, click on each photo as pretty pictures are good for the soul!)


 In my last post, I wrote that I had planted about thirty pots and hanging pots so far, and I realized that seemed somewhat excessive, so let me explain and show you a few photos.  On my front porch I have a schnauzer planter which was made by my neighbor. (He makes breed specific planters and cat planters, too!) I also have a large pot filled with impatiens on the bottom step. The wrought iron chair in front of the garage is filled with pansies. (I’m told that this chair was once part of a kitchen set which many, many years ago had belonged to my maternal grandmother. )

There is a stockade fence on one side of my backyard and along it are four double shepherd’s hooks. (8) There are two large pots on either side of a bird bath. Along the chain link fence separating the front and backyard are three large pots with geraniums, white petunias, and scaevola (blue). There are also hanging pots around my large garden and hanging from two large trees down back. (My theory is that eyes will be drawn to the hanging pots, and visitors won’t notice all the weeds lurking around the plants below. :-)


There are six pots on my deck all with different plants. I love the color combo of the light pink and purple petunias.  This large pot of pansies is in front of my lamppost out front. (I planted them at the end of March.) All in all, things are taking shape. I have even started making steady progress on my large, overgrown garden. :-) 


Having said all this, I’m going out now to plant a few flats of annuals. (I really have to push myself while the temperatures are still cool because I know me and once it starts getting warmer, my intentions might still be good, but my follow through will be sorely lacking. ;-()

Happy Gardening! I hope you all are experiencing the same perfect spring weather that we have been having here in New England.

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful pots! It is a lot of work to get all the plants planted; but, enjoying them once the work is complete is worth the effort!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete