Saturday, May 6, 2023

Spring Is Here!!!


 Don’t these photos just suggest spring to you? This morning I attended a meeting of the Herring Run Quilt Guild in Norwell, and when I returned to my car, I spend a few minutes photographing these pretty blossoms. 






At the last meeting of the Crosstown Quilters in Weymouth, I picked up two pieces of fabric from the back table. (The back table is a wonderful place; you never know what you may find there: fabric, books, magazines, notions, etc.) I like it because I know that whatever I leave there will probably go home with a fellow quilter. 

Now, I do have one pretty hard and fast rule about taking things from the back table. Anything taken must  be used within the two week period between meetings. . . if not, I must bring it back to the next meeting. 
The exception to the rule would be a particular notion or pieces of trim which I am confident that I will eventually use when finishing a cross stitch piece.

Anyway, here’s a quilt for a child that I made from the fabric that I picked up from the back table last week. 


Here’s a close up of this fun fabric.



The backing is a green print also from the table. I added batting and a red binding from my stash, and this quilt went together quickly. It will be donated to DCF (the Department of Children and Families.)

Now for Emma fans . . . here she is after a trip to the groomer on Wednesday.




And happily, the rain has stopped after a period of cool, damp, dreary, drizzly weather.


Life is good. Have a lovely week ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at those blossoms photos. . .I imagined that I could smell the scent in the air! What a great finish! The fabric is really cute!!! Emma sure wears that no "do" well!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did so well with your back table pickup. It is a sweet quilt to be greatly enjoyed I'm sure. Meanwhile, how beautiful are those blossoms. We have trees just budding but more sun will bring them out. Happy Stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete