Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Wash Day Woes

 


This little guy from last week was nowhere to be seen today as today’s spring temperature was only a blustery 33 degrees. 

On my kitchen table you will always find lists: items to accomplish on a particular day, sewing and other stitching projects on which to work, a grocery list, long range items, etc.. Why so many? That’s easy; it feels so good when you get to cross off completed items.

I had done my grocery shopping yesterday, so today’s list started with #1) change sheets and #2) laundry. Things started off well enough until I went down cellar to move the items from the washer to the dryer. I lifted the lid and discovered a tub still full of water. Oh, no!!!!!  I tried every trick I knew but no luck. It was dead. I hear friends complain that appliances made today usually last seven to ten years. Good grief! My washer was only a mere thirty to forty years old!!! The side had begun to rust, and I knew it had been on borrowed time. This afternoon I purchased a new machine which will be delivered on Monday. 

I just hope my refrigerator which is definitely the same vintage doesn’t get any funny ideas. :-() 

No comments:

Post a Comment