Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Hopping by with a Spring Hare FFO

 


I started this cross stitch piece last April but put it aside to work on other pieces. When I pulled it back out recently,  I was delighted to see that all the letters had been stitched along with the ears! :-) It took me two weeks of steady, nightly stitching to finish. 

As you can see from this chart, it was designed to be a monotone piece which you probably realize by now is not quite my style. I used a pastel colored piece of 14 count aida and twenty different shades of floss, and I love how it turned out. He is quite the dapper fellow.


Adding the single cross stitch “dots” sprinkled around the piece took two or three nights.

So, what did I accomplish in March? 

- a Star Wars quilt made and donated

- Five pillowcases donated

- Four fleece blankets (three to be donated)

- Brenda Gervais - March Word Play cross stitch

- Spring Hare cross stitch

April Goal(s) . . . I have a number of quilts in various stages of completion; two only needs borders. (Sadly, they have both been borderless for over a year. I blame it on the pandemic.  :-)   Also, I would like to work on some wool applique pieces. 

Stay safe, creative, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment