Friday, March 25, 2022

March Word Play FFO and Happy Spring



Happy Spring, Everyone! Here is my latest cross stitch finish; it’s “March Word Play” by Brenda Gervais. It took me two weeks of dedicated nightly stitching, but I’m thrilled with how it turned out. I added a soft green chenille trim, and I did not use the floss called for on the pattern, but instead selected my own colors. It looks similar to the piece as designed, but I chose to brighten the colors a bit. The green buttons were from the giveaway back table at our guild meeting. :-)


I cranked the drawbridge down on my castle and ventured out a few times this week. Last Saturday, I went to a family party to celebrate Confirmation Day for my cousin’s triplets. (For those of you who remember when they were born, know that they are now sixteen as is Miss Lucy.) Wow!

On Tuesday, I attended an in-person meeting of the Crosstown Quilters Guild, and it was great to see everyone. The speaker, Anthony Ferranti, gave a very informative, entertaining talk on sewing machine care and maintenance. The best part. . . he makes house calls! I do not want to post his contact info here, but get in touch with me if you would like it. (Mask note: I was one of only about seven ladies who wore a mask during the meeting. My doctor has said it is okay to get together with fully vaccinated friends, but that I should not let my guard down.)

Wednesday was a wonderful doubleheader. At noon, a group of retired teacher friends gathered for lunch in Hull. Prior to the pandemic, we would meet each month for lunch at local restaurants. It was a very relaxed gathering so much so that we were shocked when someone noticed it was 4:30! That meant I had to dash home to feed and take Emma out before picking up my friend Edith at 5:30 and heading to our friend Maribeth’s home for dinner at 6:00. Whew! Being super cautious, I have not been with some of my  friends since last summer. ( At this point, the covid numbers and hospitalizations are way, way down, so I am cautiously taking advantage of it, but keeping an eye on things especially with respect to the new Omicron BA.2 subvariant which is making an appearance in some parts of the country. It has caused spikes across Europe.  My castle’s drawbridge can be very easily cranked back up :-).

Just for fun, I did one more thing today. I headed down to North Attleboro to visit Stitch New England, a cross stitch store. I had received a refund for a cancelled guild quilt retreat, so I felt it would only be prudent not to let that money burn a hole in my pocket. This is what I purchased. :-() It’s only a dangerously close forty minute drive for me, but if you live further, they have an online store.


I love how this bear at the hair salon where I went yesterday is always decked out. He always wears a mask!


And finally, if you enjoy puns, you will love this! (I saw it on the blog, Live a Colorful Life.)


Have a great weekend. 

2 comments: