Sunday, March 13, 2022

Tom Brady Is Unretiring!!! Temperature Walk with Me

 He’s coming b-a-c-k!!! Unretiring!!! What a lovely word!!! Well, that is, for Tom Brady’s legions of fans and Tampa Bay Buccaneer fans. Tom tweeted out tonight that he will return for a twenty-third season. After all, he’ll only be forty-five!!! Can you imagine the groans of despair echoing across the country. . . I, myself, am smiling; the NFL wouldn’t be the same without him. 

I hadn’t expected to post tonight, but since I am, here is a look at my Sunday stitch. It’s “Temperature Walk with Me” a chart from Stitchin’ Mommy on Etsy. For those unfamiliar with “temperature” pieces, there are many types  of 365 day projects. Quilters make them as do cross stitchers. There are all types of subjects such as bookcases, butterflies, etc. Last year, I started a very popular piece, a tree. The tree had twelve branches with leaves added for each day in the month. The color for each daily leaf corresponded to a high temperature color chart, BUT by about March, I quit as I wasn’t enjoying it. 


This little sign sits near my TV, and yes, I definitely take these words to heart.
This year, Stitchin’ Mommy released this chart, and since Emma and I both enjoy our daily walks around the neighborhood, I thought I would give it a try. Thankfully, I am enjoying stitching this new piece. There is a cat version as well. This dog one has bone icons, a fire hydrant, and please don’t tell Emma, there is a s-q-u-i-r-r-e-l. 

I jot down the high temperature each day and on Sunday stitch a week’s worth. 


Well, that’s it short and sweet.
 Seven days until spring. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment