Tuesday, March 8, 2022

It’s March!!!! How did that happen???



So much for trying to post a few times a week . . . In my defense, I, as I am sure you all are, am crushed  by what is happening in Ukraine. That Putin can threaten the very existence of  a democracy of forty-four million people seems beyond comprehension. This you know already, and I promise the rest of this post will provide a brief respite from what is happening.

A performance of Matilda by the Arlington Children’s Theater on Saturday afternoon offered such a moment for me. One of my young cousins, Miss T., loves acting and taking part in productions such as this. The young cast did a tremendous job. Kudos to the director/choreographer who had a stage full of  eager, enthusiastic young actors all singing and dancing. It was incredible. I can hardly wait for the summer production of The Music Man.

Our actress, my cousin Kristin, and her other daughter all had commitments after the performance, so my cousin Rob and I went out to dinner. It was great fun to spend some time with him. 

I know that I said I wouldn’t talk about the invasion again in this post, but just one more thing. At intermission, there was a wild scampering of happy, excited children with moms and dads in a mad dash to the lobby to get refreshments. I had to keep fighting back tears thinking of the children in the Ukraine and what the parents and children there are facing.

Okay, down with Valentine’s Day decor; up with St.Patrick’s day decor.


It’s March 8th, and I haven’t as yet recorded what I “accomplished” in February. (You may recall that “accomplish” is my spirit word for this year.)

February:

“Winter Wonderland” - cross stitch

“Windy Winter” - snowman mini quilted wallhanging

Stitched heart ornaments- three

Pillowcases to donate - six

Project bags - four

“Big Hearted Tiny Town” - cross stitch

Jubilee pincushion- cross stitch

“Santa Star” Ornament - cross stitch (stitched but not FFO’d)

“Moonlight” - cross stitch 

It occurs to me that I have not yet posted a photo of the “Moonlight” piece that I made into a pillow. I had started it last winter; in fact, I had pulled it out to stitch on whenever it snowed. It was about seventy-five percent done when I remembered it and pulled it out a week or so ago to finish it. This pattern was designed by Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks.


My quilting mojo is thankfully coming back, and I did finish a quilt just last night! Thank goodness! Photo in my next post. . . 

Let me leave you with little guy that is hanging out in the corner of my sunporch. He never fails to make me smile as I enter or exit. Heck, he may well stay out for a few more months!!!


Really last thing . . . for Emma fans . . . here she is sporting a shamrock bandana after a visit to the groomer yesterday. She definitely makes me smile all the time, too!!!



Stay well.  Be creative. Find moments of joy.

Slava Ukraini! Slava Getoiam!

No comments:

Post a Comment