Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Storm Warnings Are Up! . . . Snow! Snow!! Snow!!!

This large, sparkling star was one of three at the Derby Street Stores in Hingham. The decorations are somewhat subdued this year. I wasn't there shopping, but rather I was dropping off a package at Kohl's to be returned to Amazon.  Sure, my eye did spot items that I would have liked to look at, and yes, I was tempted, but I kept repeating, "Keep walking, Keep walking, Keep walking."  I was in and out in less than five minutes. I'm not taking any chances at this point.

For Emma Fans: Miss Emma went to Pooch Paws in Rockland yesterday to be groomed. Cheryl, the owner, always does a super job. 


Emma is a bundle of energy and personality, and she is also a lap dog. There is no place that she would rather be than on my lap. This afforded me the opportunity to photograph the cute bow she was wearing when I picked her up. :-)
So, the big story today is the approaching storm. It started in Colorado, and it is heading up the East Coast from Georgia to Maine. We are expected to receive between twelve and eighteen inches. Yes, it was finally time to stash my Mambo pink plastic Adirondack chairs under the deck. :-) Folks rushed to supermarkets to get the bread, get the milk, etc. On the evening news they reported that snowblowers were flying out of hardware stores as were shovels and ice melt. It is expected to start later tonight and keep going most of tomorrow. Meteorologists are comparing the approaching snow to a wall with up to three inches falling per hour. Yikes!!!

Back in August, I posted a photo of the heavy clusters of acorns on my oak tree and noted that this did not bode well for this winter. Let's hope I was wrong. 

Stay safe and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment