Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye 2020

I thought that I would end this year with a photo to make you smile. It was sent by Emma's groomer at Pooch Paws in Hanover. They always send a Christmas card with a photo, but never with a set up such as this. :-)  My sweet Emma turned nine today; the years have flown by.

Below is a Christmas gift made by my neighbor.

I have been cross stitching and also working on a Christmas gift  . . . It's just a tad late. At this point only the binding need to be sewn down. I'll post a photo of this project in my next post.

Here are two more pillows for my red two-tiered tray.

 Recommendations: If you have Netflix, check out the second season of Virgin River. If you haven't watched season one, start there. This is a pleasant series. Virgin River might be an interesting place to live. I binge watched the whole second season over the course of three evenings. Good News . . . Netflix has announced that there will be a third season. Virgin River is based on the novels of Robyn Carr.

Second recommendation . . . The Paradise on Amazon Prime . . . This BBC/Masterpiece series centers around the people who work at and who shop at one of England's first department stores. It originally aired on PBS in 2013.
 
It's a strange New Year's Eve. Times Square will be empty except for a few small groups of first responders.  There will be musical groups performing, but no crowds of revelers. Actually, it's a fitting, strange end to this very strange year.  

I wish you a safe, healthy, creative, much happier year ahead.

_________________         ____________________       ______________________

 No Rose Bowl Parade this year. 

The other day I read that one in every 1,000 people in the United States has died from Covid. I thought that had to be a mistake; it wasn't.

Deaths from Covid throughout the world . . . 1,816, 118

Deaths from Covid in the United States . . . 345, 316

Deaths from Covid in Massachusetts . . . 12, 338

A new variant of the virus has appeared in England, and now it has also been detected in Colorado.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year my friend, may 2021 bless us with health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete