Monday, December 7, 2020

It's Tough to Stay Positive

 
I've been trying to write a post for a week or so, but my heart has not been in it. The news is crushing.
 
Last week, CDC Director Robert Redfield offered the prediction that the death toll from the Coronavirus  in the US could double by the end of February.  Our President and some of his supporters are fighting the results of the presidential election and few Republican members in Congress are speaking out about this threat to our democracy. We have never in our country's history had a transition period like this. Covid is raging across our country and the world. Maskless shoppers pack the malls ignoring pleas of medical experts to avoid crowds and keep safe. 

So, how have I been coping? I only go grocery shopping in the very early hours, and I will not go into other stores at all. I watch church services on tv or my iPad, I take Emma for walks, and I stitch. Mrs. Claus is my most recent finish. The chart is from "The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch " on Etsy. I really enjoy watching the many Youtube tutorials showing various ways to fully finish cross stitch pieces. 

Did you watch Dolly Parton's Christmas special last night? I loved it! She just stood there or sat on a bench singing and sharing memories from her childhood. She had three back up singers and only a few band members, and it was simply magic. She spoke about her literacy program "Imagination Library" which for twenty-four years has provided books to children from infancy to age five living in economically depressed areas.   In April, a month after the pandemic was declared, she donated one million dollars for coronavirus research at Vanderbilt University. She is truly a national treasure.

Do you enjoy Boogie Woogie? Check out the very talented "Dr. K", Brendan Kavanagh's Videos  on Youtube.  They are fun!

Finally, have you watched "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix? Sales of chess sets have gone through the roof since the airing of this limited series. Personally, I never cared much for chess, but "The Queen’s Gambit" is definitely worth watching. 
 
That's enough for now as I want to go fully finish a couple of small cross stitch ornaments. 

Stay safe and try to stay positive. Hope is on the horizon.

_______________          _________________           _________________
 
Covid-19 Deaths
World - 1.54M
United States - 283, 000
Massachusetts - 11,004

1 comment:

  1. Keep stitching, Janice. Hope is ALWAYS on the horizon. For situations to change both sides have to be willing. I picked up my library books yesterday. In front of me was an unmasked teen. . .I'd venture about 13 years old. We make an appointment to pick up our book order in five minute increments. Rarely, do I meet another person--let alone an unmasked person! The library staff were sanitizing after the teen and when they saw how big my eyes were, a staff person brought my books to a table outside so I didn't have to even breath unmasked air! Unbelievable, Right???!!!!! Hang in there. Keep photographing the beauty outside your window.

    ReplyDelete