Thursday, August 6, 2020

This and That Thursday 8/6/20


Today's post will be really random. It has been that kind of a week.  On a positive note, I completed this little cross stitch pillow. If things are getting to you, I highly recommend cross stitch which has a pure, meditative quality to it. Try a small little piece. It's easy, and I think you might truly enjoy it.

I'll show you the progress that I am making on my cross stitch WIPS in my next post.

Truth is, I have not felt like doing much quilting. I have a dining room table covered with projects, but I just don't have the desire to work on them.

A bright spot over the weekend was this blooming dinner plate hibiscus. The blossoms are quite big, hence its name. I have a light pink one which has yet to bloom. Thankfully, the heavy winds of Monday's tropical storm did not harm any of my plants. The wind was constant and ferocious, but unfortunately, there was little rain around here. The phone line did blow off the side of my house. It was a dead wire which then whipped back and forth across the road. Cars were dodging the line until the police showed up and cut the wire. Try getting through to anyone to have the rest of the line removed which is still attached to a box on the side of my house. . . impossible.

Another positive note . . . I finished this 1,000 piece quilt block puzzle. Thank goodness!!! It was an absolute bear to complete.  Anyone want to borrow it??? :-)
I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get some floss that I needed. (I was there when the store first opened and while sorely tempted to wander aimlessly around the store, I made a fairly direct bee line to the floss. Okay, I did also find this glitzy Eiffel Tower charm for my recent project bag.)
Okay, one more quick purchase, this wall hanging which was in the spring, 70% off section. This was marked down to just $3.50, and it is now hanging in my kitchen. (It measures 10x14 inches.) The message is one that we should all embrace during these horrendous times.

One last thing . . .
Stay strong. Try to stay positive which seems to get more difficult with each passing day. Today, the White House experts released the terrifying predictions that the death toll in the United States could reach 300,000 by the end of the year. Please stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. It's been quite a while for me to have been in a store too. I go to work and medical appointments with little else done outside our property. I'm so thankful for my quilting hobby as I'm not bored ! I love your finished Summer cross stitch project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quilt puzzle is perfect when it is too darn hot out to work with fabric. Love your wonderful pillow. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete