Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A Cozy Cross Stitch Cottage

Back so soon? Why, yes, I am because I wanted to show you my FFO  that I mentioned yesterday. This is the October month in the series by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I plan to order a few more of these cottage patterns. (Boy, this is a really, really, deep hole that I have tumbled down, but some of these cross stitch patterns are positively irresistible :-) On floss tube I have seen these cross stitch pieces finished various ways. . .  often with clusters of autumn flowers and big coordinating ribbons, trims, and bows, but I chose to do something much simpler and I am pleased with how it turned out. 

The cross stitch has a washer glued to the back and there is a large magnet on the back of the stand. It will be easy to pop this one off and then add another cross stitch piece with different elements on the bottom.

I have placed this piece on my mantel, and I'm leaving it there until the end of October. Wait you say. Doesn't she realize that it is still August? I do, but I don't care. I have this "October"  piece on the mantel and across the room I have my little red wooden Adirondack chair with the Summer pillow. It's 2020; this year anything goes!!!

Interesting covid-related item . . . the Boston Parks Department has had to drain the lagoon in the Boston Public Garden. Since 1877 the Paget family has offered rides on its pedal powered iconic swan boats, but not this year. There would be no way to accommodate coronavirus safety guidelines. Since the boats will not make an appearance this summer, the water in the lagoon has become stagnant which puts the water fowl at risk. Hopefully this family run business will be able to entertain children next year.

Today's smile . . . 


 

Stay safe and strong. Have hope. Be especially kind to yourself and others. 

God Bless those affected by the devastating wildfires in California, the storms in Iowa, and the hurricane  in the South.

4 comments:

  1. I love that cross stitch! It is really nice looking and what a clever way to display it! I also checked out your link to your summer pillow! Wow! You really have found some beautiful patterns to stitch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ellen. I am really enjoying cross stitch. The problem is there are so, so many tempting fun patterns. I can not believe how many pieces/patterns II have already waiting to be stitched. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have no issues displaying that cross stitch now either! What a clever base display item and the cross stitch is so stinking cute! Covid has created so many paths we would never have encountered previously. Who knew water fowl would have been affected with the pedal boats not being used? I chuckled over your suitcase statement. Let's hope travel in 2021 is unrestricted so we can all get out of "Dodge" should we choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project looks wonderful and I love the idea you can pop it on and off. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete