Tuesday, August 11, 2020

A Stitching Update and Political History Being Made

 Hi Everyone, how are you all doing this week? Those of us in Massachusetts are in the midst of another heat wave. Boy, is it hot!!! I had planned to head down to the Cape Cod Canal to see the Mayflower II come through the canal on its voyage back home to Plymouth. It was returning after three years of major restoration.  Sunday night I had seriously considered driving down early Monday morning as it would have only taken an hour or so. Monday morning I changed my mind after hearing the weather forecast. My cousin and his family did go to view it, and he reported that the ship was late, it was very hot, and the parking along the canal was very difficult. He did, however, get an awesome photo which somewhat made me regret my decision.

Since the heat has been so oppressive, other than taking Emma outside I have remained inside stitching. My sewing mojo has not returned, but my hand stitching has gone in to overdrive. Here are some photo updates of projects previously shown.

Santa now has a face. (As of today, he also now has shoulders and part of a beard :-)

My cross stitch rule #2 states that I will not work on more than three to five projects. Well, since I finished the summer piece shown in the last post, I started this new piece. I was drawn to its soft autumnal colors. You can not really see it, but this oatmeal colored fabric has flecks of gold woven through out it. I will try to get a better photo in the next update.

The really big stitching news is that I am only ten circles away from completing the Sue Spargo - 90 Day Toned Down Sampler. If you have been following my blog, you will recall that my piece is not toned down and that I chose not to stitch all of the suggested circles. There were a number of "critter" circles and a few others that did not appeal to me. I had to come up with my own designs for about 15 - 20 circles. This has been a good, creative challenge for me.

Political News 

History was made this afternoon with the announcement by Joe Biden's campaign that he has chosen Senator Kamala Harris to be his running mate. The selection will make Harris the third woman and first Black and first Asian American candidate to be nominated for vice president. 

What was the reaction of the current occupant of the White House? He claimed that she was mean and "nasty" to Brett Kavanugh during his senate confirmation hearing. What is it with him that he uses that word with any woman who opposes or questions him? How many times has he used the word "nasty" with female reporters at his news conferences??? I pray that every" nasty" woman in America votes in November to insure that he is a one-term President.

After the announcement, I thought of Shirley Chisolm and Barbara Jordan who are no doubt smiling in heaven tonight. 

Stay safe. Stay strong. Stay cool. Have hope and vote.

Death Toll in the United States - 164,000.

2 comments:

  1. I am opting out of the newsletter because I am not comfortable with the political input, I didn't join for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fine and I understand. If you do follow this blog, you would know that I comment rarely on politics. I have been and will continue to list pandemic statistics as a record of these troubled times, but I try for the most part to keep . . . a positive outlook and perhaps offer a smile or two. We are living in dangerous times, and there are issues about which I feel strongly, so I can not promise nor will I promise that I will not comment on them from time to time.
    I wish you peace. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete