Monday, August 24, 2020

Busy As a Bee . . . Stitching Up a Storm

 

Hi Everyone . . . How are you doing this week? I was getting tired of staying in my house, so the other day I grabbed my camera and went for a ride. I didn't find much to shoot except for these industrious bees going from one rosa rugosa (beach rose) to another at the edge of the parking lot at the Scituate Lighthouse. I took pictures of the lighthouse, too, but they were somewhat blah, so I won't bother posting them.

 Anyway, I've been busy as a bee, too. My 90-Day Circle - Sue Spargo wool piece is finished Yeah!!! I brought it to the framers today.  It will take two or three weeks, and I can not wait to see it!!! 

I also finished a cross stitch piece which I started "finishing" this afternoon. Huh? Finishing a finished piece? In the cross stitch world after you complete the stitching, you either frame it or find some cute little way to display it, and either of these processes is called "finishing." After this step, you have an FFO . . . a fully finished object. :-)

My quilting mojo is coming back and I have made about thirty blocks for a quilt using gorgeous Kaffe fabric ,and of course, mask making continues.

I am having all kinds of issues with my laptop this evening; it has shut down three times so far so I'm going to stop here. (This problem is not new; it has been going on for a few months.)  It is time to face the fact that I need a new laptop. The system is up to date, but the machine is ten years old. Anyway, it is not as if I could be spending the money on a swell vacation any time soon. I might as well have a computer that works. :-)

Stay safe. Have hope. Keep being creative. Find something to smile about every day and most of all, be kind to yourself and others.

1 comment:

  1. FFO--Fully Finished Object was a new one for me! I look forward to seeing your Sue Spargo piece framed. That will be a great way to display it!

    ReplyDelete