Monday, July 6, 2020

Orchid Joy and I've Been Gounded


 
Yes, I have been grounded for over a week.  No, it wasn't for sneaking in after curfew. :-)  I have been dealing with a foot issue, and I have to stay off my feet for another ten days. What have I been doing to pass the time? Hand stitching, reading, mask making, blogging, quilting, working on a jigsaw puzzle, TV watching . . . basically the same things that I have been doing throughout the quarantine. Unfortunately, I am not able to go outside to water my gardens, but Mother Nature has been helping me with that.

I am blessed to have friends who are also helping me out during this time. Miss Emma has been staying at her 'home away from home.'  Boy, I can not begin to tell you how empty the house seems without her.  It's wonderful to know that she is having a good time with her other family and her canine pals, Harvey and Bailey. Other friends have done my shopping and errands for me. I am a lucky lady.

Last Thursday, I received from my godchild and her family this beautiful orchid for my birthday. I have had fun photographing it and using some of the techniques presented in the Kathleen Clemons webinar from Hunt's Photo and Video which I wrote about in a previous post.


 The top two photos were taken on my sunporch and the color is accurate. The rest were taken inside. Camera sensors have difficulty accurately presenting blues and purples. The following images are of the same orchid.





I hope you are having a beautiful week.

Stay safe. Stay strong. Have hope and for all of our sake, please wear a mask! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hope staying off of your foot is just the ticket for healing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, So pretty! So sorry about your foot issue. No wonder you've not gotten out in your iris bed. :-) Well, it's a real good excuse. Hope you are on your feet again real soon.

    ReplyDelete