Saturday, July 11, 2020

Just Drifting Along . . .

Hi Everyone! I hope you are in some spot that is cool. Heat and humidity have seemed to grip the entire country, but as we all well know that is the least of our problems. I feel as if I have been just drifting through the days, but at least this week I did do a bit more. Here's a project bag that I made yesterday.


The zipper pull was made by stacking and wiring black, red, and grey buttons, and there is a bead at the top and at the bottom. 


I whipped up some summer, watermelon placemats as well.


 My "When Life Gives You Lemons . . . " quilt based on Alex Anderson's Sequoia pattern is finally pieced and pressed and waiting to be quilted. First, I have to clear off the projects on the dining room table; the surface of which has not been seen since this whole, terrible covid-19 mess began in March. The table is covered with projects in all stages of development.  :-) I do have a small sewing room upstairs, but I prefer to let things sprawl all over the dining room table. It is not as if I am gong to have any visitors any time soon. :-)

Yesterday, I received the fabric that I had ordered from The Quilt Show for Alex Anderson's next online mystery quilt. As she puts it, it is a mystery because she isn't sure what it will look like either.  I have never made a quilt using Kaffe fabric, so I decided that I would make this quilt, too!



The instructions are free and you do not have to register or even to use the Kaffe fabrics or be a member of The Quilt Show. Just tune in to Alex LIVE Youtube presentations. They are live on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday @10:00am Pacific/1:00pm Eastern. You can also view Alex Anderson LIVE on the Quilt Show channel on Youtube any time. [FYI: I have been a member of The Quilt Show for many years and think it is a great value for the money. This is not a commercial for The Quilt Show, but check it out as they are offering a special six month rate during these trying times.]

Earlier this week, Maribeth came to stitch for a few hours. She stopped first at the supermarket to pick up a few things for me. My sunporch is large, all the windows were open, and there was a strong breeze blowing, we were safely social distancing, so we thought that it would be okay.  She brought with her this small string quilt. If you think it looks familiar that is because I posted a larger version of this quilt back on June 16th.


The fungus among us . . . 
 

That's all for now. Have a good, no, make that a  great week ahead. We all  deserve it!!!

Stay safe. Stay strong. Stay creative. Have hope.

1 comment:

  1. Those fabrics are so beautiful. Hope your mystery quilt along is fun. Glad you were able to spend time with a friend, what would we do without them/ Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete