Friday, April 3, 2020

Stay safe. Stay strong.

Hi Everyone. How are you doing today?

The drawbridge of my castle has been cranked up for what is it . . . three weeks??? I am not going anywhere. My, how the time has flown s-l-o-w-l-y by  . . :-)

In my area on the South Shore and perhaps in your area as well, folks are putting hearts on their doors and in their windows in support of all those in every walk of life who are working to help us. I wanted to create a quilt to support and encourage us all during these difficult days. I've been thinking of a design and started working on it Wednesday afternoon and finished it last night. (It measures 20x22.)



 I also have been making masks but ran out of some necessary items which I have ordered and which hopefully should be arriving later today.

I have been using batik fabric since it is closely woven. My batik stash has gone down a bit, but that will just be a happy incentive to buy more fabric from local quilt shops when this nightmare is over. Quilters always joke about how much fabric we all have; who knew that we had such amazing foresight? Both our skills and our fabric are in demand! A friend texted me a while ago to tell me that her friend who is a nurse appreciated the masks which I had made and, yes, she could use more for some of her nurse friends. It makes me feel wonderful knowing I am helping in some small way.

So, what else am I working on? Well, the borders which need to go on a quilt top that I mentioned last month are still patiently waiting. There is a large embellishment project that is coming along nicely spread out on my dining room table along with many other things. My spring themed wool applique piece takes up my time while watching TV at night. I received the next Sue Spargo BOM Lite package the other day and will prep it later. Speaking of Sue Spargo, she is running a 90-day project "Toned-Down Circle Sampler"on Instagram and on her Facebook page. Each day she shows a new stitched circle. The circles are only one inch. (Mine will be a wee bit larger as I will be using the bottom of an Aurifil thread spool as my template.) The best part??? Ariane Zurcher will be posting short stitch videos on her YouTube channel "On the Other Hand." Lefties please note: she show how to do the stitches for you, too! You might also enjoy following her blog, Where Art & Life Meet. I'll be prepping some wool circles for that project tonight. Afterall, why work on just one project when you can juggle four or five???????????

Quilter will never run out . . .






Don't worry; quilters would know better than to actually do this and clog up their pipes, but we might have a few old tissue paper patterns which would do in a pinch :-)

 Hang in there. We will all be part of history.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Stay Safe quilt. It's perfect!! OMG, you mentioned lefties and I'm all in. I have so much trouble with stitches. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete